What is Boat Insurance?
Protect your water vehicles such as yachts, fishing boats, pontoons, and jet skis with boat insurance. This type of insurance insures you and any passengers in case of an accident. Note that your auto or homeowners insurance usually has limited or restricted coverage for your boat or water vehicle which means you'll most likely be underinsured. It is important for you to have separate boat insurance to cover you sufficiently.
Boating Insurance Coverages
- Liability Insurance - liability insurance is for bodily injuries or property damages you, as a policyholder, have caused to another individual. This can also include removal of wreckage and pollution
- Medical Payments - this type of insurance if for you, as the policyholder and driver, and/or anyone else in the water vehicle that needs medical attention
- On-Water Towing and Labor Insurance - this type of insurance helps pay for towing and other emergency services when your water vehicle becomes disabled
- Fishing Equipment Insurance - this type of insurance helps pay for damage to equipment which it is being carried onto or off of the water vehicle.
- Personal Effects Insurance - this type of insurance helps pay to replace personal property that has been damaged or lost.
- Collision Insurance - collision insurance is for damage to your own water vehicle or property
- Comprehensive Insurance - comprehensive insurance covers any other type of physical damage (not a collision) to a water vehicle such as fire, storms, or theft
- Uninsured or Underinsured Boater Insurance - this type of insurance is all about you and your passengers and not for the individual who doesn't have or lacks enough insurance to cover your costs for damages and bodily injuries
Click here for a free quote or simple call us at 847-965-1900
Contact Us9171 N. Milwaukee Ave
Niles, IL 60714
2550 Pleasant Hill Road Suite 434
Duluth, GA 30096
Licensed: IL WI IN GA